Bay of Bengal in eastern India, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu. The city is home to Fort St. George, built in 1644 and now a museum showcasing the city’s roots as a British military garrison and East India Company trading outpost, when it was called Madras. Religious sites include Kapaleeshwarar Temple, adorned with carved and painted gods, and St. Mary’s, a 17th-century Anglican church.
Day 01 Arrive Chennai
Arrive in Chennai, meet assist and transfer to your hotel. Capital of the southeastern state of Tamil Nadu, Chennai is one of the four major metropolitan cities in India. The city also has its share of forts and palaces reminding the tourists the glory of bygone eras.
Chennai was developed as a British trading post, and as such, most of its attractions have a distinct colonial influence. Stretched over an area of 13 km, Marina Beach is the second longest beach in the world.
The ST. GEORGE FORT, built in 1653, is currently used as the state government/’s secretariat. SAN THOME Cathedral was built around 14th/15th century and is another colonial structure worth visiting. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the KAPALESHWAR TEMPLE is the oldest temple in Chennai.
Day 02 Chennai – Kancheepuram By Road ( 68 kms / 1 hrs / 44 mins appx.)
Kancheepuram – Mahabalipuram By Road ( 68 kms / 1 hrs / 44 mins appx.)
Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry By Road ( 99 kms / 1 hrs / 49 mins appx.)
After breakfast, drive to Kanchipuram, the fabled city of a thousand temples. There are 650 stone inscriptions here belonging to different dynasties. The temples reflect the maturity and efflorescence of Pallava art and the ornate and often imposing embellishments were produced later by the Chola, Vijayanagar and Chalukyan kings. There is solemn grandeur, a grandiosity of vision and ornamental excess in the temples here. Continue to Mahabalipuram for overnight at your beach resort.
Mahabalipuram with its picturesque location on a rocky outcrop between the beach and a lagoon is a happy combination of history, good beaches, hassle-free tourism and fabulous fish and lobster. It is renowned for its series of charming Rathas and the spectacular carved relief depicting Arjuna’s Penance. The magnificent Shore Temple built by king Rajasimha in the seventh century houses the shrines of both Shiva and Vishnu while the Varaha Cave is a rock-cut mandapam with two incarnations of Vishnu — Varaha and Vamana—besides scenes of kings and queens. The Krishna Manadapam has a bas-relief of Lord Krishna lifting the Govardhan hill on his fingertips.
Proceed to Pondicherry (or Puducheri) meaning ’the new settlement’. It was a French settlement comprising of Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam besides Pondicherry. A unique thing about Pondicherry is that it spreads into several states. On arrival check in at your city hotel. During your afternoon tour visit SRI Aurobindo Ashram, Where Sri Aurobindo And The Mother Lived For The Most Parts Of Their Lives. The Pondicherry Museum Is Home To Some Of The Most Exquisite Collections On Architecture And Sculpture. Pondicherry Also Has a pleasant beach alongside promenade and historical monuments.
Day 03 Pondicherry – Tanjore – By Road ( 166 kms / 3 hrs / 51 mins appx.)
Proceed to Tanjore. En-route visit CHIDAMBARAM, famous for its NATARAJA TEMPLE. Chidambaram is a temple town situated in Tamil Nadu around 58 km off Pondicherry. The place is famous for its temple complex where the renowned Nataraja Temple is housed. Arrive Tanjore in the afternoon to check in at your hotel. It is primarily a place for the art lovers, especially for those who love temple architecture and wonder about kings who erected these magnificent monuments.During their reign, the Cholas made significant contribution to the various fields of art and architecture. The Brihadeeswara Temple, the wonderful Palace, Art Gallery And The Saraswati Mahal Library are some of the other things to see in Tanjore.
Day 04 Tanjore – Trichy – By Road ( 59 kms / 1 hrs / 12 mins appx.)
Trichy – Madurai – By Road ( 135 kms / 2 hrs / 5 mins appx.)
Proceed to the city of Trichy (Thiruchirappally). In Trichy visit ROCK FORT, from where the view is spectacular. The VINAYAKA TEMPLE at the top is reached by climbing a tunnel in rock. Half way up is the SRI THAYUMANASWAMY TEMPLE, dedicated to Lord Siva having a 100-pillar hall and a Vimana covered with gold. Also visit TIRUVANAIKKAVAL or JAMBUKESWARA TEMPLE named after the elephant, which is believed to have worshipped Lord Siva here. Installed under an ancient Jambu tree, the lingam is partially submerged by water and meant to represent God incarnate as water.
Proceed to Madurai. Enroute visiting Chettinadu, Chettinadu or the land of Nattukottai Chettiars, is famous for its fortress like homes and temples that are architectural marvels. rural town houses many stylish heritage homes, which took years to build, and has courtyards, halls and corridors that are quiet, cool and beautifully decorated with intricate artwork, Burmese teak and Italian marble. Try out the local Chettinad cuisine for lunch. Later proceed to Madurai 90 km known as the temple town of South India is the second largest city in Tamil Nadu. On arrival, check into the hotel for 01 night stay. Madurai is famous for the Meenakshi Temple, with its towering gopurams and rare sculptures.Here the architectural marvels of the temples and the exquisite sculptures fascinate all those who have a look at them. You can also participate in the many festivals and regale in the rich tradition of the locals. Evening visit Sri Meenakshi Temple and attend the Pooja ceremony.
Day 05 Madurai – Kanyakumari – By Road ( 240 kms / 3 hrs / 29 mins appx.)
Proceed for a city tour of Madurai. Some of the major attractions in the city are the Meenakshi Temple, Tirumalai Nayak Mahal, Gandhi Museum, Koodal Azhagar Tmeple, Vandiyur Mariamman Teppakulam etc. Other important attractions include Thirumalai Naicker Palace, Koodal Azhagar Temple and the Gandhi Museum.
Later drive to Kanyakumari.
On arrival, transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Kanyrakumari.
Day 06 Kanyakumari
Sightseeing of Kanyakumari.
Visit: Rock Memorial, Thiruvalluvar Statue, beach.
Kanyakumari is a coastal town in the state of Tamil Nadu on India’s southern tip. Jutting into the Laccadive Sea, the town was known as Cape Comorin during British rule and is popular for watching sunrise and sunset over the ocean. It’s also a noted pilgrimage site thanks to its Bagavathi Amman Temple, dedicated to a consort of Shiva, and its Our Lady of Ransom Church, a center of Indian Catholicism.
Day 07 Kanyakumari Beach
Relax and enjoy the beach.
Overnight in Kanyakumari.
Day 08 Kanyakumari – Trivandrum Airport (By Road) (90 Kms. / 2.5 hrs. appx.)
Departure transfer to Trivandrum airport for flight to onward destination.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 07 nights accommodation as per the program in the hotels / resorts / Camps of your choice.
– Daily breakfast, lunch and dinners.
– Alcohol package during the lunch and dinner every day.
– Welcome Gala Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Theme dinners as per your choice.
– Cultural Folk Dance shows with live music.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private AC vehicle as per the program.
– Accompanying English / German / French / Italian / Spanish / Chinese / Arabic / Korean / Hebrew / Polish / Russian speaking escort cum guide from arrival till departure.
– Entrance fees to the monuments as per the program.
– All taxes.
– Turban & Saree tying lesson.
– Masala Chai Demonstration.
– Local Cuisine live demonstration.
– Cultural dance show.
– 01 Yoga class.
– 01 dinner of Indian thali in Agra.
– Hot Air Balloon Ride.
– Elephant Safari.
– Magic Show.
– Henna Painting.
– Stand-up Comedian.
– Tuk Tuk / Rickshaw Ride.
– Dress in local attire with dinner.
– River Rafting.
– Boat Cruising.
– Hot Stone Bath.
– Astrology & Palm Reading.
– Live Theatre Performance
– Logo branding on Vehicles.
– Color and logo branding Merchandise.
– Departure gifts with company’s branding.
– Visa (if any).
– International Air Fare.
– Travel & health insurance.
– Personal expenses and drinks.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of traveling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.