The city of Kandy in Sri Lanka is renowned as the social and cultural capital of the country. This breathtaking hill country is the perfect place for relaxing and reflecting. This city is well known for housing many ancient temples, and among them, the most renowned is the temple of ‘Dalada Maligawa'(The Temple of the Tooth).
Here, the tooth relic of Lord Buddha is reserved. It attracts thousands of visitors including the devotees to this city per year. Apart from that, this city has the largest and beautiful botanical garden in the island, known as Peradeniya Botanical Garden.
Day 01 Arrive Colombo
Colombo – Dambulla – By Road ( 163 kms / 3 hrs / 55 mins appx.)
Arrival to Colombo, meet assist and transfer to Dambulla, En-route visit Elephant Orphanage in Pinnewala & then visit Dambulla. Enroute to your destination, you can visit one of the most important tourist attraction in Sri Lanka, the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. Volunteers and caretakers provide shelter and take care of orphaned, abandoned and injured elephants within the park. You can watch caretakers feed, bathe and help these gentle giants. You want walk with the herd to the nearby river to watch the elephants bathe and play around in water. Reach Dambulla visit to one of the wonders of the ancient world -the Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
It is also a UNESCO world Heritage site. Sigiriya Rock was once an ancient Castle used both as a palace and a fortress and was created by the great King Kasyapa. The magnificent rock fortress of Sigiriya is visible for miles from all directions and dominates the surrounding plain. The Sigiriya Complex consists of the central rock, which arises abruptly 200 meters above the surrounding plain with the two rectangular precincts on the east and the west. The rock is surrounded by two wide moats, where crocodiles were introduced in ancient times and three ramparts. The moats and walls that surround the lower palace are still exquisitely beautiful.
Your next destination will be the Dambulla Cave Temples. It is the largest and best-preserved cave temple compound in Sri Lanka. There are above 80 chronicle caves around this location. The most prominent allures are advanced over 5 caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are depicted to Lord Buddha and his life. There are a total of 153 Buddha statues, 3 statues of Sri Lankan kings and 4 statues of gods and goddesses.
Overnight: Dambulla,Sri Lanka
Day 02 Dambulla – Kandy – By Road ( 75 kms / 2 hrs appx.)
Proceed to Kandy. En route visit Herbal Spice Garden. Sri Lanka is world renowned for its valued spices and healing herbs. Our lush spice and herbal gardens feature many important herbs such as Sandalwood, Margosa, Cocoa, Citronella, Almond, Jasmine and Coconut. When visiting us, make the most of the chance to experience first-hand how cloves, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and saffron are grown in their natural surroundings.
At Herbal Garden you can learn of their medicinal healing properties and how to use them in your day to day needs. Used worldwide in many medicines, the healing powers of spices have been respected from the time of the Pharaohs and Chinese Dynasties, while our herbs are used in Ayurvedic concoctions.
Lying amidst the hills, Kandy is the last capital of the ancient kings of Sri Lanka. While being the second largest city in Sri Lanka it is also famous for its immense beauty and is named as one of the seven UNESCO declared World Heritage sites in the country. With its luxuriant prairie, picturesque lake, longest river of the country and misty mountains, Kandy successfully mesmerizes every visitor unsurprisingly.
Overnight: Kandy,Sri Lanka
Day 03 Kandy
City Tour Kandy : While on your city tour you will visit one of the world heritages as well as a sacred place for the Buddhists all over the world; namely the Temple of tooth Relic known to the Sri Lankans as Dalada Maligawa. The real evidence of the richness will be affirmed by your visit to the Gem Museum. Sri Lanka produces the finest quality of gems in the world. Semiprecious gems, the sapphires of Sri Lanka, which are very exclusive and comes in shades of blue, red, green, white etc. In the evening you will witness a traditional cultural dance show.
Overnight: Kandy,Sri Lanka
Day 04 Kandy- Bentota – By Road ( 179 kms / 4 hrs / 30 mins appx.)
Proceed to Bentota. Bentota is the city of the Golden Beaches. You will be able to relax and feel the spirit of the sea and the warmth of the soft sand. The day is divided in between swimming in the water and bathing in the sun. Bentota provides the perfect turf for unfurled vacation at the beach. While enjoying the sun, sea and sand the water sports lovers can enroll themselves in various water sports bringing in the unique pleasure of this locale.
Overnight: Bentota,Sri Lanka
Day 05 Bentota – Colombo – By Road ( 89 kms / 1 hrs / 40 mins appx.)
Proceed to visit Bentota city tour and then proceed to Colombo. City tour Bentota: On your city tour you will enjoy a boat ride along the Madhu River. It is a scenic tour relaxing and interesting while passing many islets forested with mangroves and experience the natural rhythms as well. If you are looking for more exclusive experience visit the turtle hatchery too. The Turtle Hatchery is the prime turtle nesting site which was open by the Wild life Protection Society in 1981.Visitors can see huge tanks filled with new born turtle hatchlings. After being fed, the baby turtles are taken to the sea and released when they are 2-4 days old, usually during the safer hours of darkness.
Colombo is the largest city and commercial capital of Sri Lanka. Located on the west coast, it is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern and colonial impressions. Colombo has wildly varying architecture that span centuries and depict various styles. Many colonial buildings influenced by the Portuguese, Dutch and British exist alongside structures built in Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, Indian and Contemporary architectural styles. No other place is this more evident in the heart of the city the Fort area. Colombo also boasts many shopping malls and department stores that offer brand name clothing at highly discounted prices. Therefore, it has become an important shopping destination among tourists.
Overnight: Colombo,Sri Lanka
Day 06 Depart Colombo
En route visit City Tour: While on your city tour in Colombo you may visit famous places including Galle Face Green, the Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Twin World Trade Center towers, Old Parliament Building, Fort district, Independence Hall at Independence Square, and prominent Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Christian places of worship.For shopping, you may visit Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City, Noritake, etc. Enjoy shopping until it’s time for departure.
Departure transfer to airport for onward destination.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 05 nights accommodation as per the program in the hotels / resorts / Camps of your choice.
– Daily breakfast, lunch and dinners.
– Alcohol package during the lunch and dinner every day.
– Welcome Gala Dinner and Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Theme dinners as per your choice.
– Cultural Folk Dance shows with live music.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private AC vehicle as per the program.
– Accompanying English / German / French / Italian / Spanish / Chinese / Arabic / Korean / Hebrew / Polish / Russian speaking escort cum guide from arrival till departure.
– Entrance fees to the monuments as per the program.
– All taxes.
– Turban & Saree tying lesson.
– Masala Chai Demonstration.
– Local Cuisine live demonstration.
– Cultural dance show.
– 01 Yoga class.
– 01 dinner of Indian thali in Agra.
– Hot Air Balloon Ride.
– Elephant Safari.
– Magic Show.
– Henna Painting.
– Stand-up Comedian.
– Tuk Tuk / Rickshaw Ride.
– Dress in local attire with dinner.
– River Rafting.
– Boat Cruising.
– Hot Stone Bath.
– Astrology & Palm Reading.
– Live Theatre Performance
– Logo branding on Vehicles.
– Color and logo branding Merchandise.
– Departure gifts with company’s branding.
– Visa (if any).
– International Air Fare.
– Travel & health insurance.
– Personal expenses and drinks.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of traveling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.